- Colombia Acknowledges Cuba Role in Peace Talks
- U.S. Publicist, Winner of Havana Cigar Festival Prize, Comments on Cuba
- U.S. Agriculture Representatives Explore Business Opportunities in Cuba
- Text by Fidel on Exchange of Letters with Maradona
- Matanzas Beats Industriales, Now Has 4 Game Lead in Cuban Baseball Series
The Havana Cigar of the Year Prize in the sphere of communication was given to U.S. publicist Gary Heathcott, who praised on Saturday the efforts of Cubans and expressed his hope in the resumption of relations between Havana and Washington.
Those attending the 17th Habano Festival competed in the second version of the international competition to determine the smoker to achieve the longest ash.
Amid growing international interest in Cuba as a tourist destination, the Canadian company Blue Diamond confirms its intention to extend operations in the archipelago, where it already manages 12 hotels and nearly seven thousand rooms.
International sales of Cuban cigars in the emerging markets of Asia -Pacific reported significant increases in 2014, managers of the industry told at the opening of the 17th Habano International Festival.
The 17th Habano Cigar Festival opens its doors on Monday to over one thousand visitors from 80 countries, who are interested in the development of the Cuban economic sector and in wide array of activities related to the best cigars of the world.