Characterized by not being very active, the hurricane season in the Atlantic basin, including the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, starts today and will run until November 30.
The U.S. government removed Cuba from the list of states sponsoring international terrorism, according to an official note by the State Department.
Despite current efforts towards the future normalization of bilateral relations between the United States and Cuba, the US´s dry-wet feet law continues to encourage dangerous and illegal departures of Cuban citizens to the US.
The countdown to withdraw Cuba from the US list of countries sponsor of international terrorism is running in Washington as Friday marks the deadline for the Congress to issue a resolution that could oppose the presidential decision.
The Vice-president of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cuba, Ulises Rosales del Toro, heads the Cuban delegation participating in the inaugural ceremony of the del recently elected government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, headed by Brigadier David Arthur Granger.
As a new round of peace talks between the Colombian guerrilla and the government kicked off in Havana on Thursday, President Juan Manuel Santos announced that foreign minister Maria Angela Holguin and a renowned business man will reinforce the official delegation in an effort to step up the peace process.
- Resumption of banking services for Cuban office, a good step towards US-Cuba diplomatic relations
- Engage Cuba, a US lobby initiative in favor of US-Cuba relations
- Serbian President grants Fidel Castro National Order
- The United Nations Acknowledges Cuba's Contribution in South-South Cooperation
- Salvadoran President to pay official visit to Cuba