- Prime Minister of Solomon Islands Inaugurates Embassy to Havana
- Xi Jinping Sends Message of Gratitude to Raul and the Cuban People
- Artemisa: Venue on Saturday of Main Rally for Day of National Rebelliousness
- Pastors for Peace Humanitarian Caravan Arrives in Cuba
- Cuba is among the Countries with Very High Development Index
Sixth Caribbean Cinema Traveling Exhibition Begins in Santiago de Cuba
SANTIAGO DE CUBA, Cuba, May 5 (acn) With the presentation of the works Rumberos de Nacimiento (Cuba) and Los Criollos Negros (Nicaragua), the 6th Caribbean Cinema Traveling Exhibition began on Monday in this city, dedicated to the music of that region.
This is a non-competitive meeting created in 2006 to facilitate the promotion of films by Caribbean producers, and has been defined by UNESCO as a valuable territorial action for the spreading of the area's cultural values.
Every year, works are presented in Cuba and in another 33 nations, which include Canada, Germany, Russia and Brazil.
This film fiesta is under way at the Rialto movie theater of this city until May 11, where films and documentaries from over 10 countries will be screened, among them Haiti, Trinidad and Tobago, Mexico and the United States.